Coastal Communities Minister Jake Berry MP has announced that the Weymouth Quay Regeneration Project has been successful in bidding for £3.79m worth of investment. This money will come from the Coastal Communities Fund [CCF].
Coastal Community Team
Weymouth’s Coastal Community team – including the Weymouth and Portland Chamber of Commerce, Weymouth Bid, Weymouth and Portland Borough Council, Weymouth Area Development Trust, Weymouth College and other business representatives – are delighted to have been awarded such significant funding.
How will the funding be spent?
A multi-purpose harbour building, which would include:
- a Centre of Excellence for Small Medium Enterprise on the Quay – including employment and co-working space, a café or kitchen and bookable training spaces and meeting rooms
- facilities for boat crews
- accessible space for boat charter businesses to brief day trippers, deep sea anglers and divers
- secure storage and facilities for the Harbour Authority
- state of the art training facilities attracting maritime, marine and other industry students
And attract more visitors to the Town with:
- new pontoons to improve and extend access to fishing and other boats
- a pedestrian walkway around the Peninsula
- fishing improvements