As part of plans to celebrate our ‘golden jubilee’, the Poole Hospital Awards are back in September. This is your chance to nominate who you believe shines and excels in their provision of care and service.
These annual awards recognise staff, supporters, fundraisers and volunteers who have gone above and beyond for patients and colleagues.
Nominations are now open and we need you to nominate an individual or team who you believe is worthy of recognition and appreciation.
Nominees may be in a patient-facing role, for example a nurse, doctor, midwife or porter, or they may be someone who works behind the scenes and is essential to the smooth running of the hospital and uphold our core values. This year there’s a special award to mark someone who has made an outstanding and long-term contribution to life at the hospital. The categories we’re seeking nominations in this year are:
- Special Award: Outstanding Contribution to Poole Hospital over a sustained period – individual
- Employee of the Year
- Innovation and Improvement – individual or team
- Excellence in Patient Care – individual or team
- Going the Extra Mile – individual or team
- Living Our Values – individual or team
- Fundraiser of the Year – individual or team
- Volunteer of the Year – individual or team
The deadline for nominations is midnight on 12 August. The awards will be presented at a special event on 13 September 2019 in a new location for the awards, the Italian Villa at Compton Acres, in Poole.
The awards are just one way we’re celebrating our golden jubilee, and follow a range of events last week to mark the day itself. Our celebrations continue between 12-14 September as we officially open our new main entrance joined by Sandra and Harry Redknapp, hold our annual members meeting and open our doors for a public open day.